Wednesday, April 25, 2007

WHO SAYS OCEANSIDE IS A CULTURAL VOID?

By Shirley M. Carolan

For far too long, I feel that Oceanside has been the brunt of snickers that we, as a community, are devoid of cultural events, educational opportunities in the Arts, Art Shows, galleries and wonderful theatre and film.

This past weekend, I got out of my usual rut and excuses and had the cultural time of my life! I didn’t wait for others to decide to go with me, as I generally do. Instead, I chose to go alone despite what seemed like inclement weather on Sunday and had the time of my life!

The point is, whether you are young, old, retired, married, widowed, divorced, single, or even physically challenged, there is something in this wonderful town for everyone’s taste and pocketbook! As a young at heart, mature, high-energy, accomplished, single woman, I can vouch that my generation is certainly not excluded or wanting for cultural and fun things to enjoy in Oceanside.

While I feel I have just scratched the surface of what my town has to offer, my whole world has just done an about face! I hope you will read and enjoy the following two events I attended this past weekend. Perhaps they will inspire YOU to attend Mira Costa College’s wonderful theatre treats, and next year’s Annual Art Show. In fact, next year I intend to exhibit my own oil paintings at the Show! See you there!

Shirley M. Carolan, ATM
Author • Writer • Coach
Carolan Communications
Phone/Fax: 760-732-0663
carolcom@qwestinternet.net
www.shirleycarolan.com

No comments: