Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND 2009!

By Shirley M. Carolan, ATM-G

It’s almost here and I’m excited! I feel so blessed to live in beautiful, Southern California, in a little doll’s house, with my Shih-Tzu, Krissy. I feel that 2009 is going to be a great year for our Country, my family and friends, and me personally … I can only wish the best for others, but I can personally change how I view my world, my life, and what I am manifesting… if that’s not who, what, or where I want to be! Wow, that’s powerful!

My mantra for the New Year is “To Thine Own Self Be True!” For me that’s a tall order because it means letting go of the restrictions and limitations I’ve placed upon myself and instead, see myself as a loving, deserving, worthy, nurturing, successful human being. It also means letting go of the expectations I’ve had and placed on others. It means respecting their view of the world without bemoaning they change to my way of thinking and doing. It’s called “live and let live!” This means I can travel lighter and let go of any emotional baggage I’ve bottled up, which only zaps my creativity and worthiness. Yes, it means getting rid of all the excuses, the coulds, woulds, and should and start living up to my full potential. It means being responsible! A noble undertaking indeed. Nobody else can do this for me. Just like nobody else could do my first Firewalk!

One of my goals this year is to write in my Journal on a regular basis. I find this is the best method for me to keep tabs on how well I’m living up to my dreams and goals and what I need to do to stay on track, should I veer off course.

Of course I’ve set both personal and professional goals for the coming year but I’m also keeping in mind that “less is more!” No more setting too many, or impossible, goals for myself. I intend to keep them manageable and doable. I don’t want to reach the end of the year, like this year, feeling burned out, unappreciated, and bogged down in minutiae.

To everyone out there, I wish you all a very healthy, prosperous and successful New Year! Do let me know how you are doing!


Shirley M. Carolan, ATMG
Speaker ● Writer ● Artist
artistwithaflair@att.net
Phone/Fax: 760-732-0663
http://www.shirleycarolan.com
http://www.angelscross.blogspot.com
http://www.smcarolan.blogspot.com

Copyright© 2008 by Shirley M. Carolan. All rights reserved. To reprint any part of this article simply contact Shirley Carolan at artistwithaflair@att.net. Thank you.

No comments: