Friday, May 21, 2010

A TOASTMASTER’S BIRTHDAY!

by Shirley M. Carolan, ATM-G

It’s not always possible to spend our birthday with our family. So, the next best thing is to spend it with supportive friends. I feel so blessed to have the friends I do both within and outside Toastmasters International.

Thursday was my birthday and it started with a bang! I opened my front door to walk my little Shih-Tzu and there was this beautiful card from a neighbor wishing me well. As I returned home, another neighbor dropped by with a lovely gift with writing on the outside of the bag “Fabulous You!” Besides the lovely gift was the smallest birthday cake I’d ever seen with a beautiful gold bow flowing from it!

Later, a Toastmaster friend dropped by with a Happy Birthday balloon and a super card. Since Thursday night is my regular Toastmaster Club meeting night, in Carlsbad, CA and I was the Table Topics Master for the evening, I knew I would be with great company to celebrate this birthday.

At the intermission they wheeled out this magnificent, iced, birthday cake! They presented it to me with a birthday card signed by everyone! Who could ask for more? Well, would you believe they insisted I take home the small piece that was left. I didn’t have to be asked twice.

Throughout the evening, various dignitaries mentioned some tidbits they’d found out about me to share with the audience, through my blogs and website! I was tickled. It felt like a jolly good roasting!

Yes, this was one undeniably special birthday shared with some very special people and friends. Here’s to many more!


Shirley M. Carolan, ATMG
Writer ● Speaker ● Artist
artistwithaflair@att.net
Phone/Fax: 760-732-0663
http://www.shirleycarolan.com
http://www.angelscross.blogspot.com
http://www.smcarolan.blogspot.com

Copyright© 2010 by Shirley M. Carolan. All rights reserved. To reprint any part of this article simply contact Shirley Carolan at artistwithaflair@att.net. Thank you.

No comments: