Wednesday, March 16, 2011

PRIORITIZING MY PRIORITIES!

By Shirtley M. Carolan, ATM-G

Whoa! This month is speeding by as I extricate myself from information and hobby overload! It’s OK to have hobbies, I’m all for them. They keep you amused, entertained and off the streets. They even stimulate your little grey cells and can make you an interesting person to be around! But, when they encroach on your priorities it’s time for you/me to finally take a stand.

At the beginning of the month I was primed to write three different articles on some fun things I discovered: Advanced numerology, astral projection, chakra healing (which lead to EFT) etc. Now, I am calling a halt to all extraneous “hobbies/activities” and am going to concentrate full time on my writing skills. I have so much material I want to get published… consequently, when not seriously writing I will reward myself by indulging in my hobbies!

I probably will even get more done by using discipline to do first things first (writing) and then enjoying my leisure time. When I worked full time I had no problem with discipline and getting a job done. But, retirement is a different ballgame! It’s easy to get distracted by emails pitching all kinds of wonderful new ideas and quickly falling into mind overload!

Volunteering is another matter I need to curtail if it interferes with my writing schedule. And, I do intend to establish a schedule so that I can chart my progress and outline small, medium and long term goals and deadlines!

For those of you who are interested in advanced numerology I highly recommend this website: www.Numerologist.com. Blair Gorman does a wonderful job and you can even get a mini free reading from him! Also, Kimberly Powell has a wonderful genealogy web site with fabulous resources and articles over at www.About.com. May you get hooked as much as I did!



Shirley M. Carolan, ATMG
Writer ● Speaker ● Artist
artistwithaflair@att.net
Phone/Fax: 760-732-0663
http://www.shirleycarolan.com
http://www.angelscross.blogspot.com
http://www.smcarolan.blogspot.com

Copyright© 2011 by Shirley M. Carolan. All rights reserved. To reprint any part of this article simply contact Shirley Carolan at artistwithaflair@att.net. Thank you.

No comments: