Monday, July 11, 2011

MEET TEDDY...BEAR!

By Shirley M. Carolan, ATM-G

Yesterday, July 10, 2011, I celebrated 3 three weeks with my new, adorable, rescue shelter dog! Teddy is one year 3 weeks old. He is a golden cocker/poodle, very calm and low key. I must learn how to get pictures of him posted because he is truly adorable.

I had not realized the benefits of having a rescue shelter dog before. The fee ($105.00) is well worth it because Teddy has been neutered, microchipped, checked over by a shelter vet for an ear infection, his one-year license, and his first visit to an outside vet all included.

My biggest challenge todate is to get Teddy in my car. He is petrified of it, but I hope I can help him overcome his fears! Before I had him groomed he looked like a sheep dog and you could not see his beautiful eyes. His fur was badly matted too. When I went back to the groomer to pick Teddy up I did not recognize him. I saw the groomer with this cute dog and said: “Oh, isn’t he cute?” She said “You think so?” I said “Yes!” She said “Well, you should like him, he’s yours!”

Teddy loves other animals, all shapes, sizes and gender. I don’t think he has a mean bone in his body. He likes people too, not kids and some men scare him if they move too quickly… I’ve only heard him bark 5 times in three weeks and all for a good reason!

I’m still healing over the loss of my little Shih-Tzu, Krissy, when she was attacked and killed by a coyote on May 25. She was the daughter I never had. I think she would approved of Teddy and I know he would love her to death!

Thank you God for giving me the courage and wisdom to adopt Teddy. I pray we will have many happy and rewarding years together!

Shirley M. Carolan, ATMG
Writer ● Speaker ● Artist
artistwithaflair@att.net
Phone/Fax: 760-732-0663
http://www.shirleycarolan.com
http://www.angelscross.blogspot.com
http://www.smcarolan.blogspot.com

Copyright© 2011 by Shirley M. Carolan. All rights reserved. To reprint any part of this article. Thank you.

No comments: