Wednesday, October 07, 2015

TREASURE GOOD HEALTH


By Shirley M. Carolan, ATMG

While I may not be able to say “I am cancer free” now, I can say that the cancer has not spread!  Last week I went to Scripps Hosp., La Jolla and Scripps Hosp., Encinitas for a battery of bone and body scans whereby they inject radioactive material into you and then take pictures.   I can say that the cancer has not spread to my bones or organs!  But, the new oncologist I saw recently still wanted me to have surgery and then chemo and radiation therapy.  I declined. 

I firmly believe the alternative medicine I’ve taken since June when I first got the cancer diagnosis has a lot to do with my improved health today.  I am indebted to my wounded warrior friend, Rob Caudill, for introducing me to Dr. Paula Shore who prescribed the alternative medicine.  While this treatment is expensive I don’t think you can put a price tag on your health and, it beats surgery.  

Also, Rob Caudill has been my rock of support.  I don’t know what I would have done without him for the myriad chores he does for me!    He’s like the grandson I never had.  He also introduced me to medical marijuana after all my doctor approved of it.  Rob is now President of my Carlsbad Toastmaster club.  I also want to thank everyone else who has helped me and/or kept me in their prayers.

Lastly, if there are any female Toastmasters who have breast cancer or, are survivors of it, I’m starting a new, local, support group along with another female Toastmaster survivor.  If you’re interested please contact me at 760-518-6493.



No comments: