Sunday, January 29, 2017

GRATITUDE IS MY MIDDLE NAME

Shirley M. Carolan, ATM-G

When you live alone, as I do, it is very easy to concentrate on the negative things going on in your life instead of the positive.  I find it robs me of energy and creativity along with less interaction with others.  I also think it has something to do with low se lf esteem. Or how you’ve treated yourself throughout your lifetime

When you live with others you have them to bounce things off.    If you have a job it usually takes at least 40 hours of your time weekly plus commute time.  At least you’re not alone 24/7 . 

Henceforth, I want to treat myself  better than I have in the past.  I want to treasure what talents I have and use them in a way that will help others. 

You may find that’s easy but if you’ve not valued yourself or your talents in the past it becomes a whole new ballgame.  This becomes a whole new way of life for me.  I’m going to make it a goal to do whatever I can to raise my spirits and enjoy life.    Being a single senior need not be boring or the end of the line.  If you’re not there yet treasure what you have and who you are.  The day may come when you are completely alone and have only yourself to bolster your ego and spirits. 

I hope to report these findings with you.  Yes indeed, Gratitude has become my new way of life



Shirley M. Carolan, ATMG
Writer ● Speaker ● Artist
artistwithaflair@att.net
Phone/Fax: 760-732-0663


Copyright© 2017 by Shirley M. Carolan. All rights reserved. To reprint any part of this article simply contact Shirley Carolan at artistwithaflair@att.net. Thank you







No comments: