Thursday, December 13, 2007

CARLSBAD OCEANSIDE ART LEAGUE

By Shirley M. Carolan

It never ceases to amaze me that one of our best kept secrets is the Carlsbad Oceanside Art League, affectionately known as COAL.

If you are looking for something special this Christmas for a loved one, or even something beautiful and decorative for yourself, why not visit this best kept secret in town – the Carlsbad Oceanside Art League (COAL) at 300 Carlsbad Village Dr., #101.You will find oil paintings, water colors, mixed media, photography, and sculptures, etc.

After much harranging with myself, I finally gave myself permission to exhibit another oil painting for sale. While I don’t consider it my best work by any means I am exceedingly happy to be able to let go of one of my “babies.” Yes, artists consider their work just like giving birth to a baby and are very attached to their work. I am no exception either, so it is a major breakthrough for me. This means I will have more wall space at home to produce more paintings as I let go of others that I have clung to.

It also means that in the New Year I am going to be much more productive. I’ve signed up for several art classes starting in January and want to learn more techniques of using the palette knife. I love 3-dimensional art!

I’d like to extend an invitation for you to visit the galIery over the Holidays. I will be sitting the gallery on Friday, December 21 from 11AM to 2 PM and will be happy to show you around. The Holiday viewing schedule has changed so you may want to call first to be sure they are open at 760-434-8497.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Shirley M. Carolan, ATMG
Artist/Speaker/Writer
artistwithaflair@att.net
Phone/Fax: 760-732-0663
http://www.angelscross.blogspot.com
http://www.smcarolan.blogspot.com

No comments: