Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A DECEMBER GEM!

By Shirley Carolan, ATM-G

I love discovering new ideas, things, places, etc. that I can share with others. This December is no exception. Recently, on my way to the Oceanside, CA post office to mail off my last Christmas Cards I passed a sign at the side of the road announcing an Estate Sale.
Curiousity got the better of me and I knew I had to explore it after I was finished at the Post Office. I followed the sign through an industrial complex and arrived at a large warehouse with signs announcing a “collectibles marketplace,” featuring antiques, jewelry and furniture.

I was in 7th Heaven. It brought back fond memories of when I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area and owned and operated an antiques and collectibles shop. Outside the building was a food cart doing brisk business in the chilly wind. Inside was a gourmet’s paradise.

Several hours later, I exited with a few purchases and a promise to myself that I’d be back. For those who would enjoy a drive to this area, or those who live here, following is more information:
The vendor is known as “Coast 101 Estate Services Warehouse” at 4144 Avenida de la Plata, Suite A, Oceanside, CA 92056. www.coast101sales.com or, 760-732-3299. The proprietor is: ann@coast101sales.com. They are now open every Tuesday from 10-3 and Saturday 9-3. There is free parking and free admission. You can check their website for special, two-day monthly special events. They have estate sales, estate buyouts and dealers are welcome!

When I say they have a collection of “unexpected treasures” I am not boasting. I asked how long they’ve been at this location and was stunned to learn several years but they’ve not been advertising. I found some nice last minute Christmas gifts here, and I’m a jewelry aficionado so I know I will be back. If you like more modern furniture they had lovely rattan furniture from an estate sale.
Enjoy this gem and maybe someday I’ll see you there!

Shirley M. Carolan, ATMG
Writer ● Speaker ● Artist
artistwithaflair@att.net
Phone/Fax: 760-732-0663

http://www.shirleycarolan.com
http://www.angelscross.blogspot.com
http://www.smcarolan.blogspot.com


Copyright© 2012 by Shirley M. Carolan. All rights reserved. To reprint any part of this article simply contact Shirley Carolan at artistwithaflair@att.net. Thank youA

No comments: